Did you know that water heating is the 2nd largest expense in your home, accounting for 14 - 18% of your electric bill?
Types of Water Heaters
|Size||Purchase Price (REMC install)||Purchase Price (Self-install)||Monthly Fee (Split over 12 months)|
|50 Gallon||$1,549||$949||$129.08/ $79.08 plus tax|
|80 Gallon||$2,199||$1,499||$183.25 / $124.92 plus tax|
Choosing a high-efficiency model can save up to $437 per year.
If you have already purchased and installed a hybrid water heater, not from REMC, please fill out the form attached below and submit to REMC for a $500 rebate.
Visit the State Water Heaters website for more information on hybrid water heaters.
On average, water heating accounts for 14% of household energy use, so savings in water heating costs make a big difference in a household budget.
In fact, the State Premier Hybrid Electric Heat Pump Water Heater can save a typical household up to $437 per year on their electricity bills compared to a standard electric water heater. That’s a savings of up to $4,370 over a 10-year period. With a payback period of three years or less, the State Premier Hybrid Electric Heat Pump Water Heaters are a great solution for an energy-efﬁcient upgrade..
|Size||Purchase Price (REMC install)||Purchase Price (Self-install)||Monthly Fee (Split over 5 months)|
|40 gallon||$879||$449||$175.80 / $89.80 plus tax|
|40 gallon mobile home||$919||$489||$183.80 / $97.80 plus tax|
|50 gallon||$879||$449||$175.80 / $89.80 plus tax|
- Price does not include sales tax and is subject to change without notice.
- If purchasing a water heater to install on your own or to have a plumber install, the water heater will be delivered to your location free of charge. Delivery is free.
- Charges may be applied to the member bill if the account is over 12 months old and has established a satisfactory payment history. The purchase price will be added to your account pending payment history and is payable over five months for a standard water heater and twelve months for a heat pump water heater.
- Pricing does not include any additional wiring that may be needed and is the responsibility of the REMC member.
- Any additional charge outside of the normal installed price is charged back to the member. The member will be made aware of any additional charges prior to the installation.
- An adult must be present during installation.
- If you are purchasing a water heater from REMC and request that REMC install the water heater, your purchase includes standard delivery and installation. Simply put, your old water heater will be removed and the new heater installed in the same location and configuration as the old unit. You are responsible for paying for any work required outside of a standard installation, including piping, reconfiguring, multiple installers, and other similar customizations. The technician will discuss any additional fees with you before installation and the charge will be paid directly to Greenwell plumbing at the time of the installation.
- If you are purchasing a water heater from REMC and would like to install it yourself, we can delivery the unit, free of charge, to your home. The unit will be left outside your home. Eckart Supply will contact you to let you know what time they will deliver the heater.
- If you decide to not have the water heater installed after delivery, REMC will not charge you any fees. However, you may be required to pay delivery and restocking fees directly to Eckart or Greenwell Plumbing.
Warranty information was included with your heater when you made your purchase. Current warranty documents from State Water Heaters are linked below. If you experience issues with your new water heater within the first year, parts and labor are covered. After the first year, warranty repairs may still require you to pay for labor charges.
Did REMC install the water heater for you? If so, follow these steps:
Should you experience any heater malfunction (no hot water, small leak, etc), please contact Greenwell Plumbing directly at 812-948-9000 and they will provide support for you according to the terms of the warranty agreement.
You are always welcome to contact Clark County REMC, during business hours, at (812) 246-3316 and we will help any way we can. However, all repairs, service, and warranty questions should be directed to Greenwell Plumbing and/or the manufacturer, at the contact information included with your purchase.
Did you purchase a water heater ONLY and installed the heater yourself? If so, follow these steps:
Should you experience any heater malfunction (no hot water, small leak, etc.), please contact the manufacturer of the water heater. This information is located on the water heater unit. Take note of your water heater's model and serial number when you call, which are both located on the water heater unit.