Contact InfoContact Person Phone Number Fax Number Email Business Hours
As a Manager of Operations and Engineering you will be responsible for:
- All electrical operations, construction, maintenance, and right-of-way functions of Clark County REMC, including but not limited to planning, organizing, staffing, directing, coordinating, and controlling the activities in accordance with best practices, established policies, standards, and business and strategic objectives as delegated by the CEO.
- Motivate, encourage, and support employee professional growth and development. Coach, develop, and improve employee performance through effective communication, documentation and feedback, performance assessments, and other positive performance management strategies designed to increase individual productivity and overall team performance.
- Oversee and provide final approval of construction contractors request-for-bids, make recommendations, and prepare contractor contracts as necessary.
- Participate in developing cooperative policies and organizational procedures. Coordinate the exchange of information within the department. Prepare and provide reports, correspondence, budget, and work plan presentations for management, staff, and the Board of Directors.
- Participate as an on-call supervisor and direct outage restoration activities.
- Provide visible and confident leadership of the Operations and Engineering department while ensuring the safe, efficient, and effective utilization of personnel, equipment, and contractors.
- Represent the co-operative on various committees and task forces including but not limited to the Standards Committee to review and recommend new equipment and technology, administer the Cooperative Safety Program, chairing the Safety Committee, recommending safety training topics, review of safety policies, and monitor implementation as appropriate.
- Ensure proper investigation and resolution of member complaints regarding electric service to obtain appropriate resolution and maintain favorable member perceptions.
- Hold employees accountable for working safely, consistently, productively and in compliance with Clark County REMC policies and work rules in pursuit of departmental and Clark County REMC goals.
- Monitor implementation of Collective Bargaining Agreement, participate in union contract negotiations and disputes.
- Review and approve time sheets of department personnel, sick leave and vacation requests, expense reports and supporting receipts.
- Plan, prioritize and complete all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner while adjusting for changing priorities and availability of resources. Responsibly balance business needs, member needs, and the impact on rates when making decisions or recommendations, and actively demonstrate accountability for achieving desired outcomes and measurable results.
You will also need to:
- Encourage a dynamic, high functioning, engaged work environment that fosters a safe and healthy work culture.
- Set and enforce high standards for performance, professionalism, integrity, and business ethics.
- Lead, inform, empower, and motivate Clark County REMC personnel to meet and exceed identified goals.
- Act as a servant-leader and consider direct reports a stewardship for which you are responsible resulting in the mutual trust of your direct reports and you in them.
- Communicate in a professional, respectful, and courteous manner with all employees, the Board of Directors, members, and others with whom we may work. Contribute to a successful work group through positive interactions, active listening, meaningful collaborations, and the constructive exchange of ideas designed to meet or exceed the organization’s strategic goals.
- Support and model behavior to promote Clark County REMC’s core values of:
- Honesty, integrity, and professionalism,
- Teamwork, creativity, and collaboration,
- Responsibility, pride of workmanship, and a focus on safety, and
- Compassion and a respect for others.
Job Related Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, business, electrical systems, or related discipline is preferred.
- Ten plus years prior experience in the electrical industry, preferably with a member-owned system.
- Minimum of five years in a supervisory capacity is preferred.
- Must live within the Clark County REMC service territory within 6 months of hire.
- Hold and maintain a valid Indiana driver's license.
As an employee of Clark County REMC you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive Salary.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company match, defined benefit Pension Plan, health, vision, and dental insurance, short- and long-term disability coverage, life insurance and HSA employer contributions.
- Paid time off including, holidays, vacation, sick and personal leave.
- Stable work environment.
- Continuing education with some of the most reputable trainers in the industry.