If you have purchased and installed a hybrid water heater please fill out the form below and submit to Clark County REMC for a $500 rebate.
How You Will Save
On average, water heating accounts for 14% of household energy use, so savings in water heating costs make a big difference in a household budget.
For example, the State Premier Hybrid Electric Heat Pump Water Heater:
- Can save a typical household up to $437 per year on their electricity bills compared to a standard electric water heater
- Will provide savings of up to $4,370 over a 10-year period
- Has a payback period of 3 years or less, which makes State Premier Hybrid Electric Heat Pump Water Heaters a great solution for an energy-efﬁcient upgrade
For more than 30 years, REMC members have been able to go through their local electric co-op to purchase a water heater and have it installed at a great price from a great local company.
- Beginning January 2022, we will no longer sell or install water heaters for REMC members
- We know this is a big change from what we’ve done in the past, and appreciate all of the support you have given us in making this program a success
- However, as times change, we must adapt and meet the needs of today’s members
- With the emergence of solar power, electric vehicles, and battery storage, the energy landscape of 2022 is vastly different than it was just 5 years ago, let alone in the 1990’s
- To face these changes and prepare for the future, we must make room for new programs and offerings
Thank you for your understanding.
Members who are part of the TAP program should contact the REMC office during normal business hours to schedule a repair or replacement of their covered water heater. Emergency repair is not available after hours or on weekends. Please remember that the TAP program is only applicable if the original member who signed the agreement is still living in the original home. Agreements are not transferable to new addresses, new homeowners or to new family members living in the original home.
Warranty information was included with your heater when you made your purchase. Current warranty documents from State Water Heaters are linked below. If you experience issues with your new water heater within the first year, parts and labor are covered. After the first year, warranty repairs may still require you to pay for labor charges.
- Residential Standard Electric Warranty Information (PDF)
- Residential Hybrid Warranty Information (PDF)
Did REMC install the water heater for you? If so, follow these steps:
Should you experience any heater malfunction (no hot water, small leak, etc):
- Please contact the plumbing installer of your choice and they will provide support for you according to the terms of the warranty agreement
- You are always welcome to contact Clark County REMC, during business hours, at (812) 246-3316, and we will help any way we can
- However, all repairs, service, and warranty questions should be directed to the plumbing installer of your choice and/or the manufacturer, at the contact information included with your purchase