Jamboree

7 Reasons Why You Should Attend the 2024 Clark County REMC Jamboree

1. Kids Activities

Live animal show, face painting, balloons, inflatables and snow cones! Check out all the kids’ activities in the elementary gym from 2:00-4:30 p.m.

2. CEO Chat

Have a question or would like to meet the CEO? Stop by from 2 to 3:30 p.m. near the voting gym entrance to talk to CEO Jason Clemmons.

Live line safety demonstration3. Live Line Demonstration

Enjoy a live line safety demonstration by Clark County REMC linemen.

4. Senior Registration

Members who are 75 years and older, visit the registration table in the voting gym to receive a gift.

5. Registration & Voting

2 to 4:00 p.m.

Every member registering and voting at the Jamboree will receive a $5 bill credit and a four-piece commemorative glass beverage set.

6. Prize Drawings

Grand Prize: $1,000 bill credit

First Place: $500 bill credit

Second Place: $250 bill credit

Third Place: $100 bill credit

Prize drawing announced after the business session. You must be present to win.

7. Entertainment

Cornfields and Crossroads is a high-energy band that strives to lighten the hearts of music lovers through traditional, contemporary, and gospel bluegrass music and even a few originals everywhere they go. They will be rocking the floor of the main gym from 2:00-4:00 p.m.

How to Vote

Meet the Candidates

At the 2024 Jamboree, REMC members will elect board members representing Districts 4 & 5. District 4 represents Carr and Union townships in Clark County. District 5 represents Lafayette and New Albany township in Floyd County.

Joe Basham

District 4 (Incumbent)

REMC Member Since:

Spouse: Deborah

Education/Qualifications: 1973 Graduate of Silver Creek High School and completed vocational training at Ivy Tech College in Sellersburg, Indiana.

Activities/Memberships: Basham was a School Board Member of West Clark Community School from 2008-2019 (as well as the Silver Creek Corporation, 2020-Present), a Region 10 Director of the Indiana School Board Association, a Member of Indiana Freemason (Buckner Lodge), and a Member of St. John Paul II Catholic Church.

What motivates you to serve as a director for Clark County REMC?

I believe serving on the REMC board is a way that I can give back to the community. I look at the changing world and how much of that is contributing to the demand on our electrical grid. We have to make sound decisions that make good business sense for our short-term and long-term strategy. In the next five to ten years we will have to ensure that we are able to provide a dependable electrical supply that will meet the demand of our members but also includes a price that is affordable. The future will continue to push towards clean energy that will come from solar, wind, nuclear, and even hydrogen resources and our co-op will need to be able to consider and understand how each of those will potentially impact the business and ultimately our members. I want to continue serving on the board so that I may partner with the co-op and the community members to meet the ever-changing environmental needs so that our members can afford to keep their lights on and use electricity wisely. It would be an honor to continue as a board member, as I enjoy working with others to discuss and collaborate ideas and identify solutions that will strengthen the board and the members that it serves.

What qualities do you possess that distinguish you as the best director candidate for Clark County REMC?

I feel it is important as a Clark County resident to give back to my community. I am the incumbent candidate. I feel the time I have served has educated me in the duties and given me the ability to understand the industry. I have continued my education as a director by attending NRECA and IEC-sponsored institutes, workshops, and seminars and I have successfully completed the requirements for the Credentialed Cooperative Director, Board Leadership Certificate, and Director Gold Certificate. I continue taking classes to further my education to better understand and keep up with the ongoing changes in the world. I am also a member of the Silver Creek School Board. For the last two years I have served on the Legislative Committee for the Indiana School Board Association and this year I now serve as the Region 10 Director for the ISBA. Quarterly this allows me to meet and discuss with our local and state political leaders issues that impact our local schools. Serving on these two important boards provides the opportunity to be responsive and receptive to the community and encouraging open dialogue when tough decisions need to be made. I listen and weigh all the facts before making decisions, and this is what I can continue to bring to the Clark County REMC Board. I will collaborate with all members of the board to ensure both the board and community thrive and continue moving forward with the goals to succeed.

Mark Huber

District 5 (Incumbent)

Occupation: Retired from IBM. Currently a director at Clark County REMC and Habitat for Humanity.

REMC Member Since: 

Spouse: Lisa

Education/Qualifications: Retired from IBM. Currently a director at Clark County REMC and Habitat for Humanity.

Activities/Memberships: Huber is a Board Member of Clark County REMC, a Board Member of Habitat for Humanity, a Member of St. Mary of the Knobs Parish, a Member of the Finance Committee of St. Mary of the Knobs Parish, a Member of St. Vincent Depaul TriParish, and a Core Volunteer with Habitat for Humanity.

What motivates you to serve as a director for Clark County REMC?

I am the incumbent candidate for District 5. My motivation is to serve the members of Clark County REMC. I enjoy working to make decisions in the best interest of our membership in conjunction with our board. I also enjoy assisting members with questions on services available, technology and addressing any concerns or issues. I have also enjoyed explaining solar to members and showing the simplicity of my solar installation. Staying abreast of new technology such as electric vehicles (EVs), solar, new generation options, and fiber options has been a passion. I received three levels of certification in various education on technology, cooperative principles, cooperative financing, and leadership to assist in making the best decisions for our members. Thank you for the opportunity and I am looking forward to serving you again in the coming years.

What qualities do you possess that distinguish you as the best director candidate for Clark County REMC?

I am the incumbent for District 5 which brings a wealth of experience and education to build upon the key qualities that I have from my experience prior to becoming a director. I have an Electrical Engineering degree from Purdue University in Power Engineering and have construction experience from earlier in my career while doing Electrical Power distribution design at IBM in Florida. I have acquired a financial and management background from my experience working with Fortune 500 companies selling IBM multi-million-dollar computers for financial and application needs. I have also had 45 Solar panels installed at my residence since 2016 and enjoy explaining how they work and showing the simplicity of their use. Since joining the Clark County REMC board, I have had a chance to obtain three levels of certification. I earned these certifications through a variety of classes on the Cooperative Business Model, Distribution and Generation Technologies, Cooperative Financial approach, Cooperative business organization, Leadership, etc. to provide expertise in making decisions for our members. I thank you for the opportunity to have served for the last three years and for the opportunity to serve again.

Kids Activities at the Jamboree

The 2024 Jamboree will have lots of fun activities for children of all ages. There will be a LIVE animal show, sand art, prizes, obstacle course inflatables and snow cones provided by Yello Sno. We can’t wait to see you on Saturday, April 13th at Henryville Jr./Sr. High School from 2-4:30 p.m. for a day full of fun!

Live Animal Show

Do you want to get really close to some amazing animals? Then join us on a Silly Safari at the 2024 Jamboree. Amazon John will be in t

he elementary gym with his furry friends from 3 to 4 p.m.

Outdoor Activities

Join us inside the elementary school gym for obstacle course inflatables and snow cones provided by Yello Sno. Also inside the gym, you will enjoy creating fun sand art necklaces.

Prizes/Gifts

Every child attending the 2024 Jamboree will be given a gift. Children newborn through age 18, whose parents or legal guardians are REMC members, can sign up to win a variety of gifts. Remember, you must be present to win. Prizes are announced after the business session beginning at 5 p.m.

Senior Registration

If you are a senior member, 75 years or older, visit the registration table in the voting gym to receive a free gift. Members present who are 90 years and older will receive an additional gift. The oldest lady and gentleman present will be recognized during the business session of the Jamboree at 5 p.m. in the main gym.

Schedule of Events

Time/LocationEvent
2 p.m.Doors open (Door 29)
2 to 4:00 p.m.
Aux gym
Registration and voting
2 directors will be elected
Receive a registration gift – a four-piece commemorative glass beverage set and a $5 bill credit for votingOldest lady/gent registration
Members 75 years and older stop by for a free gift
2 to 5 p.m.
Main gym
Refreshments
Ice cream treats, Cracker Jacks, and water
2 to 3:30 p.m.
Hallway near voting gym doors
CEO chat
Meet and greet with CEO, Jason Clemmons
2 to 4:30 p.m.
Elementary gym
Kids activities